What’s in Dynamics 365?
Dynamics 365 was first released in 2016. Specifically built for your business to power up what’s possible using digital intelligence. It is a product line of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications. Dynamics 365 comes with two editions.
The Business edition: for small to medium businesses.
The Enterprise edition: for medium to large organizations.
Altogether Dynamics 365 comprises sales, customer services, field services, operations, financials, marketing and project service automation. As your business grows you can add whatever application you need to your business. Dynamics 365 will let you make;
- Better engage customers.
- Empower employees.
- Optimize operations.
- Reinvent products & business models.
Recently Microsoft repackaged the Dynamics 365 line into a new cloud powered service. The CRM applications are now called the Customer Engagement Plan. The ERP applications are now called Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (Enterprise edition). The cloud-enabled SaaS (Software as a Service) combines these two with features like Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Powerapps.
How much will Dynamics 365 cost?
For the Business Edition licensing is $50 (per user per month) for full users. Light users are $5 (per user per month).
For the Enterprise Edition it comes with two plans.
Plan 1 – includes everything except Operations. It’s $115 (per user per month) for full users. Light users are $10 (per user per month).
Plan 2 – includes everything including Operations. It’s $210 (per user per month) for full users. Light users are $10 (per user per month).
As more users are licensed, the cost of licenses goes down.
What is this licensing method?
- License are available on per user or per device basis. Per user is divided in to two parts.
- Full user – he has access to all features in their plan. Such as Operations, Sales and Customer services.
- Light user – he has access to reading reports and business data as well as performing updates in some records such as HR forms and time tracking.
Per device licensing is only available for Enterprise edition. It is good when multiple people use a machine. (24-hour support desk).
- Enterprise edition plans include non-production environment for each application, regardless of the number of users that are licensed to that application.
- For Business edition and the Plan 1 (Enterprise edition) have no minimum user requirements.
- For Plan 2 (Enterprise edition) has a minimum 20 user requirement.
Dynamics 365 and Office 365
Thankfully Dynamics 365 is smoothly integrate with Office 365 especially with Outlook.
- When an email comes in from a customer, you can send documents, including price quotes and invoices, directly from Outlook.
- When emailing multiple clients, you can easily see related documents, opportunities and account status for all recipients in the sidebar.
If you want to have the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for your mobile, AppSource is your solution. It is available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. AppSource is and App Store for Microsoft Dynamics 365 that lets you evaluate, purchase and provision apps and extensions, similar to the Office Store available in Office 365.
Also there are other apps available for your mobile, which provides salespeople, agents and supervisors with the best tools for managing their data and updating records and status both online and offline.
Microsoft has been empowering the community for decades. With the release of Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft started ruling over the business world. It sure is an essential business tool for busy professionals.