Microsoft Bookings is an online and mobile app for small as well as big businesses who provide services to customers on an appointment basis. Examples of such businesses include hair salons, dental offices, spas, law firms, financial services providers, consultants, and auto shops. Bookings have three primary components:
What can a Microsoft Booking page owner do?
- A booking page where their customers can schedule appointments with the staff member who should provide the service
- A set of web-based, business-facing pages where business owners can record customer preferences, manage staff lists and schedules, define services and pricing, set business hours, and customize how services and staff are scheduled
- A business-facing mobile app where business owners can see all of their bookings, access customer lists, and contact information, and make manual bookings
Why should a business owner use this?
- Spend less time scheduling
Microsoft Bookings gives you a quick and easy alternative to scheduling appointments over the phone. An owner gets a customizable public web page lets your customers find available times and book appointments all the year. You get a private calendar for managing your schedule and automatic confirmations and reminders that save time.
- Delight your customers
Customers who are going to use this will love the flexibility, convenience, and control they get with the new Booking way. Booking online simplifies scheduling and cuts down on phone tag. And for those customers who prefer to call, you can enter information manually and all confirmations and reminders will be sent as usual.
- No need to missed appointments
Reduce no-shows with automated reminders for customers and staff. Appointments appear on staff calendars as soon as they are made and are updated automatically. Customers can add appointments to personal calendars with just a few clicks. So everyone knows where they need to be, and when.
- Manage bookings on the go
With the Bookings mobile app, you have full access to your customer, staff, and calendar info—where and when you need it. Use the app to easily email, call, or text customers, or create a new appointment with a few taps.
I will show you how to use this in next article.