Intel is bringing its big guns to laptops with a range of new processors introduced today, including its first round of mobile chips to offer six cores and 12 threads to throw at tasks.
According to Intel, the specs translate to 29 percent faster performance in everyday tasks compared to its previous generation Core i7-7820HK processor, and is 59 percent faster at 4K video editing. In gaming, Intel says the Core i9-8950 HK delivers a 41 percent improvement. Those performance metrics rise even higher for an overclocked system, with Intel expecting its partners to offer overclocked laptops in the range of 5GHz and higher.
Intel has updated Core i5 and i7 processors that include 6 cores of power instead of the usual quad-core processors. All of these new processors are primarily designed for gaming and high-performance laptops, so expect to see a number of new notebooks shipping with these new processors.
Here’s everything from Acer, Asus, Gigabyte, and Samsung that use Intel’s latest processors.
ACER NITRO 5
It may includes the following features
- 15.6-inch Full HD IPS display
- coupled with the latest 8th generation Core i7 and Core i7+ processors
- An Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card
- Gigabit WiFi / Ethernet.
- 32GB of RAM
- 512GB of NVMe PCIe storage
- Includes the ports of Type-C and HDMI 2.0.
The optional Core i7+ model also includes Intel’s Optane cache memory and works as a bridge between RAM and storage to speed up things like game load times. Acer Nitro 5 will be available in priced from $749.
GIGABYTE AERO 15 / 15X
The differences between both models are small, and you’re mostly choosing between graphics cards and displays.
- The regular AERO 15 ships with Nvidia’s GTX 1060
- The AERO 15X upgrades that to GTX 1070.
- Intel’s latest 8th generation Core i7 processors
- up to 32GB of RAM
- Support for two M.2 SSD slots
- Gigabye is also using a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port
- HDMI 2.0 ports
- two regular USB ports on both models alongside an SD reader and ethernet port.
And also it may includes the following features,
- 15.6-inch display
- New color available: Pure black
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor
- 5mm Thin Bezel Design: Experience True Visual Immersion
- X-Rite™ Pantone® Certified: FHD Wide Angle Display
- 94.24Wh Huge Battery Capacity for Full-Day Productivity
- Thunderbolt™ 3: Up to 40Gbps
- USB 3.1 Type-C: 10Gbps / 5V 3A
- HDMI 2.0: Ultra HD 4K 60Hz Output
- Blazing-fast M.2 PCIe Gen.3 X4 SSD: Reach 2000MB/s
- DDR4 2400MHz – Up to 32GB
- GIGABYTE Fusion Keyboard: Professional Meets Style
- GIGABYTE Fusion Macro Software
- Unique Aesthetics with Aluminum Robust Body
- CNC Chassis: Brings Back the Art of Crafting
- Dolby Digital Plus™: Surround Sound Anywhere, Everywhere
- Intel 8265 WiFi card: With 3 times the speed
SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK ODYSSEY Z
Samsung has introduced its latest laptop designed primarily for gamers. The new Samsung Notebook Odyssey Z will be based on Intel’s Core i7 processors with six cores as well as NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1060 GPU with Max-P tuning. Like 15.6-inch Max-Q designs, the Odyssey Z will feature a sub-18 mm z-height, but Samsung promises that it will be faster than other ultra-thin gaming PCs featuring the same GPU.
Samsung says that the Odyssey Z gaming notebook will be based on Intel’s 8th Generation Core i7 processor with six cores, but does not disclose its model number. The natural candidates are obviously the Core i7-8750H and the Core i7-8850H, but it remains to be seen whether Samsung opts for a faster one, or a more affordable one.
It may includes,
- up to 16GB of RAM
- up to 1TB of NVMe PCIe storage
- The display doesn’t support anything fancy like 144Hz refresh rates or 4K resolution and it’s just a regular 15.6-inch 1080p display coupled with Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1060 Max-P graphics card
- Samsung is shipping its Odyssey Z with
- a single USB-C port
- two USB 3.0 ports
- one USB 2.0 port
- support for HDMI displays.
Samsung’s Notebook Odyssey Z will be available in the US in Q3, 2018,